[PCP-13] 🌸 Seamless Spring Continued: Governance Participants Retroactive Airdrop

TL;DR Summary

• The SEAM Genesis Airdrop claim window has ended, so this proposal seeks to take any unclaimed SEAM and redistribute it to governance participants in the form of esSEAM.
  • Airdrop is distributed to community members according to factors of strong governance participation, rewarding high voting rates and sizes of delegated SEAM/esSEAM.
  • Some Galxe campaigns completed after the Genesis Airdrop were also included in this retroactive airdrop.

Context & Motivation

Governance is crucial for a healthy DAO and DeFi community. Since inception, Seamless has had over 375 active voter participants and thousands more participants who have delegated their SEAM or esSEAM voting power.

It’s still early to establish a detailed delegate program like MakerDAO’s. However, as the protocol matures, it’s beneficial to encourage maximum governance participation.

Specifically, the DAO should seek to reward top delegates + voter participants, and those holding esSEAM and SEAM who delegate to active voters.

As such, in the spirit of continuing :cherry_blossom: Seamless Spring’s season of rewards, this proposal aims to reclaim the remaining unclaimed SEAM airdrop, convert it into esSEAM and airdrop it to top governance participants.

If this initiative is executed by the community and successful, the DAO may consider future programs or airdrops to continue to encourage growth along the governance vector. Other potential considerations include instituting esSEAM tokenomics (but this is a larger topic for another time).

Specifications/Technicals

Supply: The supply used for the airdrop will be sourced from the unclaimed SEAM of the initial SEAM Genesis airdrop. At the time of this writing, the unclaimed SEAM is approximately 40K SEAM.

Format: The format of the airdrop will be esSEAM to further the theme of both :cherry_blossom:Seamless Spring Rewards as well as encouraging continued active governance participation. The esSEAM will be pushed to eligible wallets directly without users needing to claim their airdrop.

Snapshot & Eligibility: To ensure no gamification of the parameters, a snapshot was taken ~3 weeks ago before any first informal discussion of this topic. Participants were generally chosen based on their involvement in governance and also some Galxe campaign participation that was not captured by the initial SEAM airdrop.

Weightings: The individual airdrop calculations took into account the onchain and snapshot participation rate of the delegated voters—wallets were rewarded for delegating their SEAM and esSEAM and voters were rewarded for casting votes. The overall weightings and considerations given to each of these various activities are outlined below:

Activity Eligible # of Users Share of Airdrop
Galxe: Newcomers on BASE Project Panel AMA 322 0.25%
Galxe: Lifi Seamless AMA 667 0.25%
Galxe: SEAM Launch OG Socials 5,459 0.25%
Galxe: SEAM LP Pairs 649 0.25%
Galxe: Seamless Farms 490 0.25%
Galxe: Seamless Borrowing Markets 114 0.25%
Galxe: Lido wstETH Markets 111 0.25%
Galxe: ILM Participation 64 0.25%
Galxe: Seamless CB Subscribe 105 0.25%
Snapshot Vote Seamless Spark 121 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Adjusting Caps 157 3.00%
Snapshot Vote List wstETH 160 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Update Gov Processes 113 3.00%
Snapshot Vote SCGP Intro 132 3.00%
Snapshot Vote SCGP Council Nominations 77 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Fast Track 63 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Extend Budget of SCGP 78 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Gov Reform 84 3.00%
Tally Voting and Participation 124 45.00%
esSEAM Delegators 78 16.00%
SEAM Delegators 1,111 9.75%

I believe the typical five day discussion period is sufficient for this proposal. If there is community support, this proposal can be moved to be executed via snapshot or onchain voting.

11 Likes

Support this idea. The fact that the snapshot was taken 3 weeks ago should indeed protect the system against gamification

3 Likes

In favor of this proposal!

Incentivization remains vital for Seamless and it’s clear how effective the initial airdrop was to kickstart the protocol’s growth.

Executing an additional airdrop with the utility of esSEAM is a win-win:

1. reward active users/contributors of the protocol
  2. esSEAM represents entirety of an individual’s reward while protecting sell-side pressure with 1yr vest.

This seems like a great idea - reward active participants AND setup more incentives for governance participants to think about in the future.

the esSEAM tokenomics discussion which looks like is maybe a discusison next time is intriguing

1 Like

great !!! in favor of this proposal

I applaud the tremendous amount of work that’s been put in here. This is an excellent proposal - I fully support it.

Governance participation is at the heart of our decentralized community, and I’m in complete support of showing appreciation to those who’ve been active. I like how this recognizes that governance comes in multiple forms, from delegating votes to placing votes as a delegate.

I also like how this calculation has already taken a snapshot of historical activity, so it prevents gaming the system. A great add-on to Seamless Spring :cherry_blossom:!

3 Likes

Amazing idea with governance participation rewards, fully support it <3

I think this is a good idea, for the community to continue to recognize and encourage active governance participation.

I would propose this can be put to vote once the requisite time has passed unless there are other comments or proposals.

For the future, I think it would be worth considering how OG Points, Reserve Factor or other long-term/sustainable systems could be developed to support this over-arching theme

1 Like

I am always for any movement)

I like a great idea, I think most of the reward is going to real contributed people like Galxe OAT, community leader and members.
Governance participation is at the heart of our decentralized community, and I’m in complete support of showing appreciation to those who’ve been active.

Good system nice.using

Great idea.

1 Like

@lewis, given this proposal has surpassed the 5d review/discussion period + obtaining substantial feedback - I think it’s fair to suggest escalating this proposal to Snapshot.

cc: @richyRNG, @Ras

2 Likes

Formally, the proposal shall be reposted with a 2 days cool down period after that. But since there are no amendments to this proposal one can argue that we can launch a vote sooner. However, if there is nothing urgent I would stick to the formal rules.
Cc @lewis

1 Like

Hi all, Thanks for your comments and support of PCP 13. As such will be moving this to a snapshot vote.

Reposting the proposal here:
TL;DR Summary

• The SEAM Genesis Airdrop claim window has ended, so this proposal seeks to take any unclaimed SEAM and redistribute it to governance participants in the form of esSEAM.
  • Airdrop is distributed to community members according to factors of strong governance participation, rewarding high voting rates and sizes of delegated SEAM/esSEAM.
  • Some Galxe campaigns completed after the Genesis Airdrop were also included in this retroactive airdrop.

Context & Motivation

Governance is crucial for a healthy DAO and DeFi community. Since inception, Seamless has had over 375 active voter participants and thousands more participants who have delegated their SEAM or esSEAM voting power.

It’s still early to establish a detailed delegate program like MakerDAO ’s. However, as the protocol matures, it’s beneficial to encourage maximum governance participation.

Specifically, the DAO should seek to reward top delegates + voter participants, and those holding esSEAM and SEAM who delegate to active voters.

As such, in the spirit of continuing :cherry_blossom: Seamless Spring’s season of rewards, this proposal aims to reclaim the remaining unclaimed SEAM airdrop, convert it into esSEAM and airdrop it to top governance participants.

If this initiative is executed by the community and successful, the DAO may consider future programs or airdrops to continue to encourage growth along the governance vector. Other potential considerations include instituting esSEAM tokenomics (but this is a larger topic for another time).

Specifications/Technicals

Supply: The supply used for the airdrop will be sourced from the unclaimed SEAM of the initial SEAM Genesis airdrop. At the time of this writing, the unclaimed SEAM is approximately 40,572 SEAM.

Format: The format of the airdrop will be esSEAM to further the theme of both :cherry_blossom:Seamless Spring Rewards as well as encouraging continued active governance participation. The esSEAM will be pushed to eligible wallets directly without users needing to claim their airdrop.

Snapshot & Eligibility: To ensure no gamification of the parameters, a snapshot was taken ~3 weeks ago before any first informal discussion of this topic. Participants were generally chosen based on their involvement in governance and also some Galxe campaign participation that was not captured by the initial SEAM airdrop.

Weightings: The individual airdrop calculations took into account the onchain and snapshot participation rate of the delegated voters—wallets were rewarded for delegating their SEAM and esSEAM and voters were rewarded for casting votes. The overall weightings and considerations given to each of these various activities are outlined below:

Activity Eligible # of Users Share of Airdrop
Galxe: Newcomers on BASE Project Panel AMA 322 0.25%
Galxe: Lifi Seamless AMA 667 0.25%
Galxe: SEAM Launch OG Socials 5,459 0.25%
Galxe: SEAM LP Pairs 649 0.25%
Galxe: Seamless Farms 490 0.25%
Galxe: Seamless Borrowing Markets 114 0.25%
Galxe: Lido wstETH Markets 111 0.25%
Galxe: ILM Participation 64 0.25%
Galxe: Seamless CB Subscribe 105 0.25%
Snapshot Vote Seamless Spark 121 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Adjusting Caps 157 3.00%
Snapshot Vote List wstETH 160 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Update Gov Processes 113 3.00%
Snapshot Vote SCGP Intro 132 3.00%
Snapshot Vote SCGP Council Nominations 77 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Fast Track 63 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Extend Budget of SCGP 78 3.00%
Snapshot Vote Gov Reform 84 3.00%
Tally Voting and Participation 124 45.00%
esSEAM Delegators 78 16.00%
SEAM Delegators 1,111 9.75%
2 Likes

Here is the snapshot vote URL related to PCP 13: Snapshot

1 Like

8jgi

Super :+1:

Me explica o passo a passo pra mim fazer o voto

Hi all, thank you for your discussion here. The Snapshot has Closed and Passed after reaching Quorum!

1 Like