[PCP-5] Introduction of Custom ETH market (to be used for ILMs)

TL;DR - Seamless core contributors propose the introduction of a custom WETH market to be used for new ILM strategies.

Background/Context:

Aligning with Seamless Protocol’s vision and mission to deliver a seamless DeFi experience, there has been a sharpened focus on developing more Integrated Liquidity Markets (ILMs). Following the successful rollout of the custom wstETH market and the launch of the inaugural ILM strategy which uses a wstETH/ETH loop to amplify wstETH staking rewards, core contributors are now proposing the introduction of an isolated ETH market. This market will facilitate the creation of new strategies utilizing ETH as a collateral asset.

The aim of introducing this market is to ensure that ETH collateralized in ILM strategies cannot be borrowed further. This setup ensures that strategies consistently maintain available collateral for withdrawals and debt repayment, thereby safeguarding against potential liquidation risks during rebalancing.

Here are the proposed specifications for the gated ETH market:

• Supply cap: 4000
  • LTV: 80%
  • LT: 83%
  • Liquidation Bonus: 15%
  • Isolation Mode: no
  • Borrowable: no
  • Flashloanable: no
  • Collateral Enabled: yes

Resources/References:

ILM Github - GitHub - seamless-protocol/ilm: integrated liquidity market

ILM specs - ilm/SPECS.md at main · seamless-protocol/ilm · GitHub

How the permissioned ETH would work - ilm/src/tokens/WrappedERC20PermissionedDeposit.sol at main · seamless-protocol/ilm · GitHub

Next Steps:

Based on the latest community governance standards which has been ratified by the community (ref). Let’s discuss this proposal and if there is enough support here, move this directly to an onchain vote.

3 Likes

Thanks @xnp! I fully support this proposal! Excited for more Seamless ILMs :rocket:

Fully support this proposal

This looks good to me! I support this as a key step for more ILMs.

Support from my side for this proposal. Can’t wait to see what is coming next!

Given the current market conditions it makes a lot of sense to launch more ILMs and even more sense to have them as safeguarded as possible.

Fully support this initiative.

Makes sense - in order to enable further ILMs on the platform (and further differentiation in the market) - I support this proposal.

Additionally, the precedent has been set with the previous proposal to list a similar wstETH market for the first ILM, and as time passes (especially with the Certora audit that just completed) - this seems to be a good approach for ILMs and how they can enable higher capital efficiency.