SCGP Pilot - Council Nomination Thread

If you are interested in becoming a member of the future Grants Council, to be established in accordance with Introduction of Seamless Community Grants Program (SCGP) and esSEAM Rewards proposal, please respond to this post using the following template:

Basic Info

Name/Alias:

Discord Handle:

ETH Address (used for potential multisig, should be compatible with Gnosis Safe):

Statement of Intent

My background / qualifications:

What I find most exciting about Seamless/Seamless community:

My reasons for wanting to serve on the SCGP Council:

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in the Council and understand this would be an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree/Disagree
  • I understand that, if there are council members, they would be unpaid volunteers: Agree/Disagree
  • I understand that the work of a Council member is a significant commitment: Agree/Disagree
  • I testify that I will have no formal relations with or receive payments from any of the grants seekers. If any conflict of interest occurs I will immediately notify the DAO: Agree/Disagree

Additional Info

(Optional) Additional Links (Telegram, Twitter, Github, other URLs, etc):

4 Likes

Let me go first.

Basic Info

Name/Alias: Ras

Discord Handle: raslambek

ETH Address (used for potential multisig, should be compatible with Gnosis Safe): ras0x.eth

Statement of Intent

• Ambassador and delegate at Seamless Protocol
  • Active delegate at EulerDAO: took part in the discussion and adoption of numerous grants allocation proposals
  • Community Moderator at Euler
  • ex-Community Moderator at Worldcoin

What I find most exciting about Seamless/Seamless community: Grass-root initiative and true decentralisation

My reasons for wanting to serve on the SCGP Council: I have been an active member of the Seamless community since the date of its creation. I believe that after the fair launch SeamlessDAO need to focus on building its ecosystem. Grants proved to be one of the most efficient ways to attract developers and projects to build with/on top of a protocol. Being previously involved in grants allocation in EulerDAO I have necessary experience to properly asses grants applications.

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in the Council and understand this would be an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree
  • I understand that, if there are council members, they would be unpaid volunteers: Agree
  • I understand that the work of a Council member is a significant commitment: Agree
  • I testify that I will have no formal relations with or receive payments from any of the grants seekers. If any conflict of interest occurs I will immediately notify the DAO: Agree

Additional Info

n/a

2 Likes

Basic Info
Name/Alias: Destyo

Discord Handle: chandeliers or chandeliers#0000

ETH Address (used for potential multisig, should be compatible with Gnosis Safe): 0xCb08f7Bb973455466369F0A3A2653b7D9E903c0E

Statement of Intent
My background / qualifications: My background is Public speaking skill and testing any app.

What I find most exciting about Seamless/Seamless community: lending & borrowing protocol on Base that allows users to supply, borrow, bridge, swap, and loop tokens across different chains. This is All In One.

my commitment to fostering collaboration and innovation is evident through my involvement in POLYGON. These experiences have not only allowed me to contribute meaningfully to the advancement of knowledge but have also given me a keen understanding of the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration a key aspect of SCGP’s mission.

I am particularly drawn to SCGP’s dedication, as I believe these align perfectly with my own values and aspirations. In my previous roles, I have successfully [mention any relevant achievements or projects], demonstrating my ability to drive positive change and impact.

Furthermore, my strong communication skills, both written and verbal, will enable me to effectively convey ideas and contribute to the open exchange of knowledge that SCGP promotes. I am confident that my interpersonal skills and ability to build consensus will be assets in fostering a collaborative environment within the Council.

In conclusion, I am eager to bring my skills, experiences, and dedication to the SCGP Council. I am committed to advancing the goals of SCGP and contributing to its mission of promoting excellence in Indonesia. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss my candidacy further and to contribute to the continued success of SCGP.

Thank you for considering my application. I am excited about the possibility of serving on the SCGP Council and contributing to its ongoing success.

I confirm that: yes confirm

I am willing and able to participate in the Council and understand this would be an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree
I understand that, if there are council members, they would be unpaid volunteers: Agree
I understand that the work of a Council member is a significant commitment: Agree
I testify that I will have no formal relations with or receive payments from any of the grants seekers. If any conflict of interest occurs I will immediately notify the DAO: Agree
Additional Info
(Optional) Additional Links (Telegram, Twitter, Github, other URLs, etc:

2 Likes

Basic Info

Name/Alias: Simon

Discord Handle: simonampleforth

ETH Address: 0x6BC80f9eD59d024b926cF2c8Ed5e0f81D4004Ac2

Statement of Intent

Delegate at Seamless Protocol, active voter, active on governance boards and in the community

Contributor to Ampleforth Protocol

Active in several crypto communities and in the governance process. Serve as a contributor and advisor for several crypto projects most notably Ampleforth

My reasons for wanting to serve on the SCGP Council: With the experience I have built up through being active in the DeFi space as well as contributing to several projects I believe I can contribute to the Council in a positive way. I think it’s important to properly evaluate potential grants and be diligent in each grant beyond the application and approval process. I feel it is the Council’s job to select meaningful projects that can help Seamless grow while retaining its decentralized structure and grassroots culture and those are things I aim to do if I’m able to contribute to the Council.

I confirm that:

I am willing and able to participate in the Council and understand this would be an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree

I understand that, if there are council members, they would be unpaid volunteers: Agree

I understand that the work of a Council member is a significant commitment: Agree

I testify that I will have no formal relations with or receive payments from any of the grants seekers. If any conflict of interest occurs I will immediately notify the DAO: Agree

2 Likes

Basic Info

Name/Alias: Igor

Discord Handle: Smailov

ETH Address (used for potential multisig, should be compatible with Gnosis Safe): smailov.eth (0xC25560E513de24d927Fd1779fDCE848e3d1a9907)

Statement of Intent

I have a robust background in web2 projects with extensive experience in software development and project management(Verizon) and a deep passion for cryptocurrency. In the web3 realm, I have been actively participating in the crypto market since 2016-2017, DeFi & showcasing my proficiency in smart contract development and blockchain technologies. I’ve helped as Senior Ambassador at Polkadot (Acala) and as a member of the zk-dev community focusing on nodes running. Since Seamless started I’m Ambassador and delegate at the protocol.

My technical expertise and active participation in DAO governance, coupled with a strong grasp of blockchain mechanics, positions me well to understand and address the technological challenges faced by the Seamless community.

The community’s innovative approach to DeFi is truly inspiring. Seamless’s unique solutions and the forward-thinking mindset of its members are revolutionizing how we think about decentralization.

I became part of the Seamless community as one of the first 50 Discord members, demonstrating my early belief in the project by confidently sending funds to a wallet address in the BNB network without any confirmation
I have been an active member of the Seamless community since the date of its creation. I believe that after the fair launch SeamlessDAO need to focus on building its ecosystem. Grants proved to be one of the most efficient ways to attract developers and projects to build with/on top of a protocol.

I’ve been a part of the Seamless community right from its early days, being one of the first 50 to join the Discord, a testament to my early faith in its potential. This wasn’t just passive interest; I actively demonstrated my commitment by being one of the early investors-testers, even before many formalities were established. My active involvement has continued since the very beginning of Seamless. I firmly believe that now, especially after its successful and fair launch, the focus for SeamlessDAO should be on nurturing and expanding its ecosystem. In my view, the strategic use of grants is key to attracting talented developers and exciting projects, which can build upon and enhance the Base protocol’s capabilities

I confirm that:

• I am willing and able to participate in the Council and understand this would be an ongoing role that requires active participation: Agree
  • I understand that, if there are council members, they would be unpaid volunteers: Agree
  • I understand that the work of a Council member is a significant commitment: Agree
  • I testify that I will have no formal relations with or receive payments from any of the grants seekers. If any conflict of interest occurs I will immediately notify the DAO: Agree

Additional Info

Basic Info

Name/Alias: Daryl

Discord Handle: seashell_dh

ETH Address (used for potential multisig, should be compatible with Gnosis Safe): 0x45bfE7146624B71b82640bBb6c1a72A534c6c761

Statement of Intent

• CEO of Seashell
  • Former COO of CertiK
  • I’ve been in crypto for several years and been fortunate enough to work with many leading projects, both on the security side and the investment side. During my time at CertiK, the company had grown to be the largest security auditor in web3. At Seashell, the investors include the founders and funds of major web3 projects like Solana, Polygon, Avalanche, and more. Many of these ecosystems used grants programs and ecosystem funds to gain the success that they have today.

• Seamless has always been community-governed and community-developed, which stands out as a core strength of the protocol. This means that the diverse viewpoints and experiences of the entire community can push progress forward with initiatives such as this. I’m excited about the prospect of building an even more robust ecosystem to surround the evolution to Modern DeFi, where traditional lend/borrow and intersect with integrated borrowing strategies for a better user experience for everybody.

• I believe that I can offer a unique vantage into evaluating grant proposals, based on my years of operating experience and proximity to other protocols. I can assist in evaluating whether the proposals are reasonable and whether the submitting teams are well-suited for success. Additionally, I am willing to assist grant recipients with advisory and introductions if it may help them achieve their goals.

I confirm that:

Additional Info

(Optional) Additional Links (Telegram, Twitter, Github, other URLs, etc): N/A

2 Likes

Name/Alias: Danilo

Discord Handle: __excalibur

ETH Address (used for potential multisig, should be compatible with Gnosis Safe): 0x31c54AAe7D4Efb8714Fb8a4821AAEf664026d144

Statement of Intent

• Smart contract engineer
  • Full stack engineer
  • I’ve been in crypto as engineer for several years and I worked on various positions such as Smart Contract Engineer, Backend Engineer and Full-Stack Engineer.

• Seamless is protocol that is community developer and is perfect example of how should any decentralized protocol be developed. Experience and expertise of any member push protocol and help him move and grow faster. Seamless community is not afraid of developing new things and setting new standards in DeFi.

• I believe that Council needs at least one technical person. I think that I can help the Council review applications on technical level to provide information about technical complexity of problem and potential implementation itself.

I confirm that:

Additional Info

Hey folks - It looks like the DAO has received quite a few nominations! I’d like to suggest moving this to a snapshot vote, to be specific, since there has been no new nominations for about 24 hours now, suggest nominations would officially be closed in 10.5 hrs from now at 5AM UTC Time Wednesday (9pm pacific time Tuesday/today).

My suggestion would be to utilize the “Approval Voting” type from snapshot labs (info found here: Voting types - snapshot). This would allow community members to vote for more than one candidate with their voting power, and the top 5 candidates would simply form the initial Pilot Council.

2 Likes

https://snapshot.org/#/seamlessprotocol.eth/proposal/0xeb965c6c0e042ccb93cc5132f2e6b469a50bc2d343d1038c388ddaddb0c5da5c

looks like it’s live here

Congrats to the first council members of the SCGP!

The top five candidates were Ras, Simon, Daryl, Igor and Danilo. (See screenshot and link to snapshot labs below).

I would suggest that once the council mobilizes and provides info on grant approach and multisig, the DAO can move to funding the agreed-upon ~$100k worth of SEAM/esSEAM

https://snapshot.org/#/seamlessprotocol.eth/proposal/0xeb965c6c0e042ccb93cc5132f2e6b469a50bc2d343d1038c388ddaddb0c5da5c

2 Likes